Sandy Point is a suburb in south-western Sydney, in the let pass of New South Wales, Australia 28 km south of the Sydney central situation district, in the local government area of the Sutherland Shire.
Sandy Point is a geographical formation on the southern bank of the Georges River, east of Deadmans Creek in south-west Sydney. Sandy Point is located in the Sutherland Shire, New South Wales. Many surrounding residents tolerate Sandy Point is not part of the Sutherland Shire, however the residents of Sandy Point pay Sutherland Shire Council rates, along when having the bins collected by Sutherland Shire, and newspapers delivered making it portion of this Council. An article from the Sutherland Shire website can confirm that Sandy Point does in reality belong to the Sutherland Shire, along with a map from the Sutherland Shire Council’s website.
The Sandy Point land was created in 1925 and it was complex adopted as the suburb’s name. Sandy Point isolated consists of three streets; St George Crescent, Bingara Drive and Gambier Avenue.
Sandy Point has a Community Hall taking into account squash courts and dancing classes, a Sandy Point Rural Fire Brigade Fire Station, local bus stop, and a park next a playground.
The south-western Sydney suburb is in the middle of bushland in the National Park which is a popular destination for bushwalkers.
Local residents worked together to create a community mural which is now upon display at the Community Hall entrance.